The Women and Youth Desk is a spinoff from the women and youth cluster within the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ)’s financial inclusion initiatives. The facility provides training and networking seminar opportunities to create product linkages in the financial and allied sectors.
The Metbank Women and Youth desk is an advocate of the following:
- The women and youth should be institutionalized.
- They should have partnered with off-takers.
- The groups should be compliant with their relevant bodies.
- The groups are expected to be productive.
- These groups should be securitized.
- The bank serves women and youth in all the 10 Provinces of Zimbabwe.
A monthly calendar has been set on the second week of every month for women to network and discuss pertinent topics that affect women from different socio-economic backgrounds and offer training.