The evolution of Mobile technology has been in exponential growth over the past decade. Mobile phone technology has been adopted by most societies. Today’s communication is literally mobile based. News and services are now being transmitted over Mobile phone technology. Mobile phone technology is fast and effective in communication. Messages transmitted on Mobile phones are received instantly on the recipient’s Mobile phone.
To remain relevant to this modern day, Metbank has engaged Mobile Banking technology to augment our overall service offering.Mobile banking is targeted at individual account holders. Metbank Mobile banking allows individual account holders to perform various transactions conveniently in the comfort of their homes or anywhere in Zimbabwe provided they have Mobile network connectivity and at any time of day.
You can perform the following transactions on Metbank Mobile Banking;
- Balance enquiry, which shows your available balance
- Mini statement viewing shows the last 5 transactions on your account
- Air time top-up, this function allows you to recharge airtime on your mobile phone
- You can also recharge airtime to a friend’s Mobile phone
- Bill payments allow you to pay for your DStv subscriptions, City of Harare rates bill
- Internal fund transfers allow you to transfer funds from your account to another Metbank account
- You can also receive account transaction alerts on your Mobile phones
To register for Metbank Mobile banking please open a Metbank account; then complete the Mobile banking application form and submit it to your nearest Metbank branch.